Thank you for your interest in joining the Institute for Asian Crime and Security, a US-based non-profit organization and think tank. We aim to promote research, education, training, volunteership, and leadership worldwide. We strive to provide policy analysis for leaders of today and tomorrow to deal with transnational threats at the regional and international/global level. Besides, we connect with local communities through various field projects.
The scope of our work: international development, humanitarian, training, volunteering, global/regional security and governance, homeland security, social change, and leadership.
[ ALL POSITIONS ARE REMOTE AND ON A VOLUNTARY BASIS ]
What to expect from volunteering with IACS?
- Work experience: You will work with a dynamic team and working professionals in the US and from different countries.
- Publication and media presence: You will publish your work on the IACS website and other partnering sites. The IACS team will promote your work on its social media and network.
- Conferences and meetings: You will have the opportunity to work with the IACS team to organize conferences and working meetings.
- Networking: You will have the opportunity to broaden your network with professionals, experts, and scholars.
- Certificate and recommendation letter: Once you complete volunteering with the IACS for six (6) months and meet the requirements, you will receive an official certificate of appreciation issued by the IACS. The IACS will provide a letter of recommendation upon request.
Application and Selection Process:
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and Cover Letter. In the subject line, please use “Application for IACS Position_Last Name”
- In your Cover Letter, please indicate which position(s) you would like to apply for.
- Upon receipt of your application, we will review your materials and schedule for interview date/time. On rare occasions, outstanding applicants will not necessarily have to conduct an interview.
- We will inform you of our decision within 7-14 working days.
- If accepted, we will sign an agreement with you, and then you are officially a member of the IACS!
For other questions, please also address email@example.com.
Social Media Communications Manager – Administrative Team
- You have a Bachelor’s degree.
- You are familiar with social media functions including Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- You have past social media communications experience for publishing platforms, news websites and think-tanks.
- You possess strong copywriting skills.
- You have an educational background in one of the following fields: Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, Media Studies, English, or Communications.
- Updating new articles and events on our social media platforms and newsletters.
- Develop the digital content (graphic design and occasionally, video content) across all our social media platforms and newsletters.
- Collaborate with editorial and research team to develop a digital specific content strategy.
- Share three IACS posts or articles in your network per month.
- In a six months period, you have to publish at least twelve articles and share twelve IACS posts/articles.
- You will be able to use the official title “Social Media Communications Manager, Institute for Asian Crime and Security” in your resume/CV and social media platforms.
- Conference/seminar presentation opportunities.
- You will join the IACS global network with many new opportunities.
- You will receive an official Certificate of Appreciation issued by the IACS, should you fulfill your responsibilities.
- Letter of recommendation upon request.
- You have the opportunity to renew your agreement with the IACS.